Monday, December 28, 2009

Amusing Anecdote...

I was boarding the plane in Newark New Jersey and on my way to Rochester, New York. I'm standing in the boarding line and we're all having our passes checked before heading down the jet way, the long tunnel-like things that takes you to the plane. The lady in front of me has two carry-on luggage pieces and makes a stern remark to the airline attendant that her rolly luggage bag MUST be on the plane with her. As it has her "medications" in it, and she can't -- get on the plane without them.

The disinterested flight attendant checks her ticket and flags her by. I follow her through the door way and immediately hear, "Where do we go?" I look up and see the obvious long terminal that always leads to the door of the plane, and a side staircase that looks like it goes down to nowhere.
The staircase also has red ribbon across it that repetitively states, "DO NOT CROSS. Do not cross. Do not cross."

The only thing that I could muster up to say to this confused lady was, "Go to where you think the plane might be."

She headed down the obvious corridor and soon after says, "Well, this is a good sign, I'm hearing voices."
At this point, I didn't know if it was a sign we were getting closer to the plane- or if she needed to take her "medication."

lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment